Time for some protein shakes. I’ve wanted to make some more Necromundia gangers and have been thinking Goliaths for a while now. I had some Tehnolog Barbarians minis in the bits box and my first plan was to kitbash them into Golitahs. But they would need a lot of work to get them up to scratch.
I then thought about 3d printing some Goliath-like bodies, but as i don’t have a 3d printer, i faffed about on the idea.
And then, GW released the perfect minis – the Necromunda Slave Ogryn Gang. Others may see these minis as potential squats. Not me, they are perfect Goliaths.
So i cut off some of the tehnolog barbarian arms and stuck them to the slave ogryn torsos. I also had to build up the height by using greenstuff at the belly and at the calves. I used a variety of heads: artemis, a bullgryn head, the helmeted head from the FW solaris ogryns.
I also used an OOP Enigma model to create a heavy weapon specialist Goliath.
I also was keen to make a zerker. This huge goliath is a kitbash dream.
I had bought a mini (Nash), thinking it would make the basis of a good goliath or good squat. But the proportions were all wrong to be either. But i cut him up and greenstuffed him to zerker height. I added the head of a bullgryn and some techno bits and i’m very happy with the result.
Anyway, with all this musclehead stuff, it’s time for a drink…